Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm a rocket man

So a couple of weeks ago, I got called into the bosses office. He began to give me details about a presentation he was giving for the European Space Agency at NASA’s Johnson Space Center. He had the majority of the information ready to be put into PowerPoint format, but he still needed bits of pieces filled in. He gave me both responsibilities, which was fine, but the second of the two is not normally an area of my job that I am well versed in, so completing this task was not going to be as easy as I had hoped.

Nonetheless, I started in on what he wanted. I was able to produce a draft in just a few hours and I enjoyed learning about what he would be presenting as well. Over the course of the next 4 days, some 40 hours worth of work went into this presentation. I created what I felt was a beautiful presentation that I was very proud of and I was sure he liked it as well.

I also had to liaison with a rep from the ESA regarding different facets of the presentation and some of the facts he would be discussing as well. To me, this was the second coolest part of the project. The absolute best part was being able to tell people that I was preparing a presentation for the ESA.

What? They didn’t need to know I wasn’t the presenter!

No comments: