Friday, October 28, 2005

A government for hire

My girlfriend forwarded an email to me, which was sent out by the Democratic Party candidate running against Tom DeLay, Nick Lampson. I think you'll get the idea of what that email said by reading the response I sent her:

“Ok, here's the problem I have with this email - it's all well and good that Tom DeLay is an idiot, but you and I know that already, as do a lot of other voters, especially the Democrats. Tell me what you are going to do! Nowhere in this email does he talk about what he is going to do about any of the problems we face as a region, state and country. I want answers, not blame. I'd rather run the actual donkey from the democrats logo, than someone who doesn't say anything important.

Instead of sending out this email, I would 1000x prefer an email that says something like, ‘While Tom DeLay is busy fighting his legal battles, what is he doing for you in Congress? The only battles I'll be fighting are to help save (blank), grow more jobs in our region and by working hard, I'll do (blank). Improving our education system in this country is my top priority and I'm going to present a plan that does (blank). This education plan is important because with a good education, the future workforce of Texas and America will be able to work the jobs I helped to create, which will keep this region, state and country's economy flowing and growing for years to come.’

Give me something to get excited about, not something to get more pissed off at (Tom DeLay). When are politicians going to get their heads out of their asses?”

Yes, I'm a little feisty today!

No comments: