Friday, November 4, 2005

You wreck me baby, yea, you break me in two

Ok, I have two different gripes right now and I’m just going to get ‘em off my fingers and onto my screen.

First off, I’m leaving for lunch and it just so happens that I am parked right next to the man who I shared the elevator with to my level in the parking garage. He drives a Lexus SUV and me, well, I don’t, let’s put it that way. He was parked inside the lines (in case you were wondering), but he said the rudest thing to me as I was getting into my car, “Watch that door!” Of course, he was probably only being half-serious about it, but still, that’s just rude. I mean, here I am in khaki’s and a polo, not an expensive polo either, just a casual, plain blue polo getting into my so-so car and he is dressed in a tailored suit getting into his leather interior, gold-trimmed Lexus SUV. Does he think I am not going to be careful about hitting his door because I have the money to throw away and do it? Hello? I’m being as careful as a brain surgeon is right now! Nevertheless, I chuckled, got in my car and went to lunch; but he lit a fuse and here you get to read the bomb going off.

Now for my second issue: I don’t understand gasoline stations and their prices. I filled up today at the logical station, the least expensive one. On the same corner, there are three stations, each with different prices. None of the three was close to the other. What? That’s right, three stations, same corner and three separate prices. One was $2.39, one $2.45 and the last one $2.54. Can somebody please explain to me why anyone would pay .15 cents more to go across the street? How does this station expect to compete? For every six ½ gallons of gas sold at the least expensive station, you’ve saved $1 that you would've spent the most expensive station. Therefore, if you have to put 24 gallons into your Lexus SUV that was not hit in the door earlier in the day, you would pay $4 less. That doesn’t sound like a lot of money, but over the course of a year, that equals $208. I know I could do many other things than waste my money on gas, which I could’ve and should’ve bought cheaper. Of course, if you’re driving any SUV, the price of gas is most likely not affecting you as it does the rest of the real world. Even so, there were people across the street filling their tanks up. Probably those same adults dressed up for Halloween. Apparently, people enjoy throwing money away.

No comments: