Thursday, September 15, 2005

Another postcard with chimpanzee's...

It’s 5:40pm, there are only 2 people working the counter with 15 people in line and the post office will be closing in 20 minutes. I realize this is a government job, but for the love of Billy Joe, stop talking, do some work to get this line moving so we both can go home! Pretty simple isn’t it? Why are you still talking? SHUT UP! Ok, good, you’ve stopped talking, you’re exchanging money, the customer is packing up her things and we’re doing much better now.

Wait, where are you going? At least let me know that you’ll be coming back instead of teasing me after that last customer left the counter. You stood there as if you were awaiting my arrival, then as I begin my trot to come see you, you walk away without a word. Now I have 14 people staring at me like I am in 5th grade and they’re teasing me and yelling, “Psyche!” It’s almost embarrassing, just standing there.

Oh, good here you come.

Wait, no, you’re just putting something back on the counter and walking away again.

Its 5:50pm now, still 14 people in line and I’m still standing there as well.

Finally, you’re back at the counter.
Are you ready for me now? SAY SOMETHING! Don’t stare at me and expect me to know what you’re thinking. “Next!” Seriously? You couldn’t be a little more polite by saying, “I’m sorry for the delay, can I help you?” Whatever. Here is my letter; you may get it there whenever you feel like doing some work. Can I go home now?

No comments: