Thursday, January 26, 2006

Drive in drive out, I'll come back again.

What is with people passing me because I am driving at or just slightly above the speed limit? I mean, I don’t need to go 10 mph above the speed limit to get to the next red light. Every time people pass me, I wind up sitting behind them at the red light, how has this been productive for you? Instead of being behind me, you wound up in front of me. Congratulations, you won the race.

This happened once yesterday on my way in to work and the lady driving the Jeep Commander who passed me didn’t even have her hands on the wheel! I know this because when I looked in my rear view mirror, her one hand was holding the cell phone to her ear, while the other was holding her coffee mug up to her face. Then she proceeded to pass me at the first stop sign, then run the second stop sign and still only made it as far as the red light at the end of the street where I slowly pulled up behind her and waited for it to change. I didn’t see any checkered flag waving when I got there, so I assume she got out and took it for her trophy case at home.

It happened again today on my way to work, this time by a snobby looking fellow in a Mercedes (I’m not saying everyone who drives a Mercedes is snobby looking, but this guy WAS!). He passed me at the stop sign again, DID stop for the second one and still wound up right there in front of me at the signal.

Then on my way to lunch, I also had to stop at Barnes & Noble (I had a gift card - nosey!) for the new Duncan Sheik CD. This guy creeps up on my tail, like that is going to make me go faster, then juts out into the right lane and passes me at probably about 35 mph. Oh yea, I was in a SCHOOL ZONE! Guess what? I pulled up behind him at the next red light.

See driving faster than me doesn’t get you anywhere quicker. I know this because I’ve had about 10 speeding tickets prove it to me.

Anyway, here is what I’m getting at: by passing me in a short distance situation, you’re not gaining any significant time and really, you’re just pissing me off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on your list of blogs. That's awesome! Thank you! :)

I think I am one of those drivers you're talking about. I'll be better. :)

sam