Saturday, November 12, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It is too early for Christmas commercials! There, I’ve said it. Six weeks is too far in advance for Outback Steakhouse to be promoting their Bloomin’ Onion by using a little girl leaving it out for Santa Claus.


On Tuesday, this past week, the maintenance department at my office building was wrapping the lights around the trees and I thought to myself, is it that close already? No! It’s still 6 ½ weeks away! Please, let me get through Thanks-freakin’-giving before I see lights and holiday traffic. The commercials can start the Monday of Thanksgiving week, since that Friday is the big shopping day, I’ll allow that to start a couple days earlier, but the rest of it has to wait until AFTER I have eaten my turkey and taken my nap! Sheesh!!

No comments: