Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Don’t need no credit card to ride this train

I love how technology has overtaken rational thinking these days. Every month, my credit card bill is auto-generated by some computer at some office and then stuffed into an envelope and sent to me. No human interaction is involved until the actual stuffing and sending. I can also skip the paper and just have an e-bill sent to me, but I like wasting my money (I am essentially paying for the paper through my finance charge, correct?) I would at least like to think that we are technologically advanced enough to program the computer that spits out our monthly statements to make sure the due date does NOT fall on a weekend or holiday!

I received my credit card statement yesterday and the due date falls on Sunday, November 13th, but because the preceding Friday is Veteran’s Day, I need to get it there by Thursday, November 10th. How can a credit card company not catch this? I have to pay my bill three days early or it’s late. Why can’t we just shift my due date to Monday? Because money and technology rule the world, but not in my favor apparently.

No comments: