Monday, September 19, 2005

Everywhere you go, you always take the weather with you.

Here we go again. Another hurricane has the potential to slam the Gulf Coast. In the meantime, Gov. Jeb Bush has already declared a state of emergency in Florida and the Keys and Miami are bracing for what is currently Tropical Storm Rita. The Florida national guard is readying itself and I would assume a team from FEMA will be heading down there quickly.

The real issue isn't Florida, it's the Gulf Coast. After this storm breezes through the lower 1/3 of Florida, it will then fester in the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico, which is exactly what Katrina did before it wrecked the coastline and a major American city. Here in Houston, I am already thinking about my options if this storm heads our way. The cat and I may be taking another long road trip! In any case, I am in dire hope that whatever happens with this storm, it is handled 1000 times better than the aftermath of Katrina. I'll have to keep updated on the track and strength of this storm and it will surely be noted here every now and then.

No comments: